The “Osteopath D.O.” title testifies that your therapist attended a 5 years study programm and ensures an optimal treatment.
An Osteopath can treat people of all ages, everyone from infants to the elderly.
The manipulations used in treatment are gentle and adapted to the age and needs of each patient.
What is Osteopathy ?
Osteopathy is a way of detecting, treating and preventing health problems by moving, stretching and massaging a person’s muscles and joints. Instead of treating specific symptoms, osteopaths’ approach is to treat a person as a whole.
By using touch and physical handling, Osteopaths work on restoring the body’s state of balance, by increasing the mobility of joints, relieving muscle tension, enhancing the blood and nerve supply to tissues, and helping the body’s own healing mechanisms.
Who can benefit from Osteopathy ?
It can help with various problems such as (but not only) :
- Orthopedic and locomotor system : sprains, tendonitis, lumbar pain, back pain, costalgia, neck pain, shoulder arthritis, joint pain, scoliosis, pubalgia, coccygeal pain, maxillary pain …
- Neurological system : cervical radiculopathy, facial neuralgia, Arnold neuralgia, sciatica …
- Cardiovascular system : circulatory disorders of the lower limbs, venous congestion, hemorrhoids, chest tightness …
- Digestive system : reflux, bloating, hiatal hernia, flatulence, hepatobiliary disorders, colitis, constipation, organ ptosis, digestive problems, gastritis, gastric acidity …
- O.R.L. and pulmonary system : rhinitis, sinusitis, vertigo, buzzing, headache, migraines, bronchitis, asthma, bronchiolitis …
- Neuro-vegetative system : depressiveness, hypernervosity, anxiety, stress, sleep disorders, spasmophilia …
- Trauma residual : fractures, sprains, falls, car accidents …
To book an appointment
Simply call the practice 22.214.171.124 to get an appointment or email us.
What should I bring to the first appointment ?
- Bring any relevant documents such as last medical exams (X-rays, CT, MRI, blood test…).
- In order to create your file, don’t forget your CNS (national health) registration number.
- Depending on the type of treatment, we recommend you comfortable clothing (leggings, shorts …). Concerns are often not limited to the painful area. Thus, it is sometimes necessary to check the balance of your pelvis to improve cervical tensions.
How long last a session ?
Depending on the problem to be treated, a session lasts between 30 and 60 minutes.
How does the session go ?
First, the therapist checks with you:
- administrative details
- your medical background (surgery, accidents…)
- details about your problem, the pain…
- the impact of your condition on your activities
Then, he will have a look at your posture, test different movements and elaborate an osteopathic diagnosis. The treatment will follow in accordance with that.
Regarding the payment ?
Even if Osteopathy is now officially recognized as a medical profession in Luxembourg, you will not get any money back from the CNS (National Health).
Some private insurance may pay osteopathy sessions (such as DKV, Le Foyer, Axa …) depending on your contract.